De Aza Arbitration Hearing Winner (Orioles Win)(H. Russell Smouse 8-0)

Beef Supreme

Who Wins the De Aza Arbitration Hearing?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins the De Aza Arbitration Hearing?

• De Aza
    • Orioles
    • They settle pre-hearing
    • Really sick of talking about De Aza'a Arbitration Hearing

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going against the grain and saying De Aza. The guys at MLBTR are pretty close in their assessments and they predicted that De Aza would wind up getting MORE than what he's asking for in salary. Personally, I'm thinking there must be some bad blood between De Aza's agent and management for this one not to be settled.

Are we sure he is not traded?

No. However, I dispute the notion that the Orioles will trade a guy just because he takes them to arbitration. And I dispute that Guthrie was traded to Colorado in particular as some form of punishment. He was traded to Colorado because we got two solid major leaguers who were under team control for two years each, and that was a good package in exchange for a guy who was under control for one season. As to Jim Johnson, we traded him because he was going to make too much money, whether we went to arbitration or settled.

Do you have a logical reason as to why he would be traded?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe we tendered him because we had not gotten Snider yet? Maybe Lough stays and he goes. Maybe he was the only leadoff guy we could think of before signing Everth?

Archived